Badge Inlay for Custom Guitar

This is a 1/1 scale San Diego district attorneys office investigator badge that is inlayed into the headstock of a guitar. I used proofgrade cherry ply.
I usually hand cut my inlays, the Glowforge has upped my game tremendously. I love being able to create inlays this detailed and knowing that I always have the file do I can print out another.

IG: @Oak_Creek_Guitars

45 Likes

Incredible!

2 Likes

wow, how did you do that! awesome!

3 Likes

OUT-EFFING-STANDING!

wow

3 Likes

Amazing! How is that finished? An epoxy? How did you get that inlay so tight?

3 Likes

Thanks Matt! Because time was a factor the finish is a two part resin, like bar top. The inlay is super snug because I’ve been doing inlay for many years. I cut out the badge with the Glowforge then scribed around it with an Exacto knife, leaving a nice line where I should rouser up to. It’s a tried and true method that consistently delivers great results. Try it with some scrap, I think you’ll be surprised how well it works.

5 Likes

Wow, that looks amazing!

2 Likes

Again: WOW!

2 Likes

Absolutely top notch! The owner of that guitar really has something special. Thanks for sharing your process!

3 Likes

That is exquisite. It is humbling to see a project like this come together so well. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The Glowforge was obviously a good addition to your shop. Your skill and artistry put it to good use. Beautiful guitar.

3 Likes

Great custom work :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. The Glowforge HAS been a fantastic addition. It has allowed me to step up my game for sure. It’s also fun to be able to churn out cute little gifts right at home.

3 Likes

Amazing detail!!!

2 Likes

They will be proud to own this one! Gorgeous work!

1 Like

That is beautiful, great job!