Balsa Wood

Hey does anyone know where I can find balsa wood? I am interested in using it with wax?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=balsa+wood

Looks like lots of places - including Amazon and Hobby Lobby

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty much any craft/hobby store has it.

3 Likes

Midwest Products specialize in getting its products into almost everywhere, from grocery stores to hardware stores to a lot of dime stores even. There is usually only balsa and basswood and occasionally Baltic Birch and 3" wide other “exotics” such as walnut, and even “mahogany” that I found to be super flammable when I tried to cut it, but if you are in a local hardware store like Ace hardware that usually does not sell wood they will have a small section of Midwest stuff and similar.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. It will be my first time using it. Going to try something I saw. Hope I can replicate it.

2 Likes

Watch it like a hawk while cutting as it is very soft and might act like that “mahogany”.

1 Like

Oh. Thank you for the heads up. I may have to use the very lowest settings.

1 Like

Test, test, test…

Balsa is available at Hobby Lobby, Joann, and any hobby store like Hobbytown. It’s dirt cheap but because of cost of shipping these days, not so cheap to buy online unless you use Amazon Prime or similar “free shipping” services.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.