Banana PC Jr

He’s about 3 inches tall and made from 1/8th plywood.

Side view with cat for scale.

Back view with all the ports because why not.

File under: Because I wanted one. :slight_smile:

49 Likes

Oh, that is very cute. And so is your assistant!

3 Likes

Oliver will be jealous!

1 Like

Just don’t put any Twisted Sister records in the floppy drive.

2 Likes

The detail on the back is great, but where did you find that giant cat? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This cultural reference went right over my head - I had to Google it. And I’m still not sure what I missed, but at least I know I missed something.

Anyway, it’s really cute.

2 Likes

No Bloom County in your life? One of the best comic strips ever created. Very much worth hunting down and reading.

As to my giant lab assistant, he works cheap but he’s very lazy.

10 Likes

I was never a huge Bloom County fan. Nothing against it, but I didn’t read a lot of comic strips and that wasn’t high on my list. I’ll see if my husband is a fan. He’s got a bunch of comic strip-related books.

We have a large lazy cat, too (and a small jumpy cat). Both girls.

Ummm…if it’s a PCjr, why does it say Macintosh on the back??? :thinking:

1 Like

Being a Mac head, I love it! Even had a full sized one.

1 Like

I honey! I enlarged the cat!

1 Like

I figured if I was going to get sued, why not go for both. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting, my neighbor has a company that is “Bloom County”, a major grower here in Colorado. I wonder if that’s where he got the name. I’ve done some signage for him.

1 Like

Thank you for this giant cat photo. I really needed it.

1 Like

I was/am. I own all the books and several plushies. I missed the reference as well. It’s been a long time.

3 Likes

Aww, cute (the kitty too). Cat for scale?

2 Likes

At 14 pounds “scale” may not be the right word. :rofl: He’s a chonky boy

4 Likes

I have one of those. He tries to keep me from getting work done. Here is one of his classic moves – pin-the-arm-down (with cuteness). He always wins.

2 Likes

Awww. He definitely has the cuteness part down solid.

2 Likes

What a gorgeous color!

This is our “full-figured” girl. She’s the biggest cat I’ve ever had, male or female. I’m not sure the pic does her justice, but TiVo remote for scale. We got one of those 41-inch scratch posts and she can nearly reach the top when she scratches.

6 Likes