Bandsaw recommendations

I’ve been thinking about buying a new bandsaw so I can make my own thin stock for lasering. I have an older Craftsman 12" bandsaw but it is not the best for resawing. I was wondering who cuts their own stock and has any recommendations for me.

Thank You
Terry

There have been some previous discussions along this line that might be worth skimming, like this one:

2 Likes

Sorry, After I hit go I did find this link and tried to delete the topic, but I can’t for some reason.

Happy Cakeday @evermorian!

1 Like

No worries.

Maybe someone has new suggestions since then. Just wanted to point at the existing stuff so you had some immediate input.

1 Like

Thank you kindly!

I am, in fact, sitting here eating Meyer lemon olive oil cake while I catch up on the forum.

1 Like

Personally, I would check out Craigslist or eBay for a used one of reputable manufacture. Always a better price and sometimes a killer deal from someone who just wants it to go away.

1 Like

That’s what’s gonna happen when I die or go to memory care/assisted living. Got lots of stuff that my kids won’t use and the makerspace already has so I can’t donate it there.

Anyone want a Shopsmith Mark V (or two)? :smile:

3 Likes

I bought this for cutting stock…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2-5-Amp-9-in-Band-Saw-BS904G/205503634?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D25T|25-9_PORTABLE+POWER|NA|LIA|71700000044155732|58700004615424082|92700038837660384&gclid=CjwKCAiA1ZDiBRAXEiwAIWyNC4BnSZizs3C0iyrx1DZn6ZVX72D-iH1hbb9w-G479gbfBsTrpDRhwxoCo2wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

I always watch Craiglist for good power tools. It’s seems like where I live everyone either has junk or think they possess the holy grail and want a fortune for it.

1 Like

Update: Well yesterday I made the mistake of traveling to the nearest Woodcraft Store (just to browse) and walked out with a Laguna 1412 Bandsaw. I put it together last night. It’s a beast compared to my 40 year old Craftsman. Thank You all for your insight.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.