Base 10 blocks

Doing virtual learning and while the teacher had found some base ten shapes that work in slides, the kiddo wanted something tactile. I scored the straight lines for the 10s rods and the singles slot together. I’d take a picture of him using them, but of course he’s not wearing pants again.
Base 10 blocks.pdf (799.9 KB)

12 Likes

A photo would be nice, so we know what we are looking at. Regardless, thanks for the share!

3 Likes

They are base 10 blocks that they use in schools to teach 2 digit numbers and basic arithmetic. Not that complex really.

14 Likes

I was going to assume you were a homeschooler… keep forgetting so many kids are learning virtually right now.

3 Likes

It would be so much easier on me to send him back to in person learning, but he treats everyone he meets as a close relative. I’m afraid he would hug a many people as possible and spread viruses. My husband is considered at risk so we don’t need anything coming home.

3 Likes

Thanks for the photo! It does make sense now.

3 Likes

Great share! Thank you!

They were using these a lot a few weeks ago. Suddenly we’re into adding and subtracting three digits. Virtual learning is a cool experience, even though trying at times. My kitchen bar is overrun with tools for my grandson. :slight_smile:

3 Likes