Basket Labels

We finally got a working Glowforge after UPS broke the first two in delivery. We got number three last Monday but Thursday was the first opportunity to we had to try it out and beside a few issues, I have been soooo happy with it!!

Today, I decided to try out Inkscape to learn how to use it in conjunction with the Glowforge. I’d never used Inkscape before so I’m very thankful for all the tutorials I found on here.

For my first custom project, I decided to make some labels. I have these baskets where I put all my DVD movies after I put them in the DVD sleeves I found on Amazon. I have six baskets and each one has a different genre of movie. I had always planned on making labels for the baskets but never got around to doing it until now.

I think they came out great and was exactly what I wanted. I attached them to the baskets with a couple of brass paper fasteners. Worked perfectly!

Next project will probably be a plaque my dad asked me to make for him…and so it begins! LOL! :rofl:

36 Likes

Oh, that’s just a perfect match. Great job! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

Lovely!

1 Like

They look amazing! Great job!

Wonderful project. The label looks fantastic on the basket!

Thank you all very much! They were fun to make! :smile:

Looks like third time’s a charm, nice work!:smiley:

Haha! Yes, that’s what we all kept saying when #3 was being brought into the house. Thanks! :smiley:

And so it begins! You’re off to a great start.

1 Like

Heehee! Thank you! :smiley: