Bathroom sign

Over the weekend, my wife and I re-painted the main bathroom in our house. She wanted a shade of purple to cover up the horrible green that was in there before. I knew it would be a pain to get behind the toilet, and I wasn’t about to take it up just to paint lol. I came up with the idea for an accent wall for this area. I think it turned out pretty nice, and she loves it so, there ya go.

However, yesterday I thought it looked a little, empty. So I whipped up this little guy to hang on the new accent wall. I think it really pulls it all together! The back piece is thick draftboard and the front and raised letters are medium draftboard. A little craft paint and some super glue and BAM, new sign :slight_smile:

54 Likes

That is an awesome idea! And it looks amazing!

…wondering if I should try to implement that strategy in my own bathroom…

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I saw a similar sign somewhere, but, I drew this whole thing up in Inkscape. It was honestly a good learning experience on how to use Inkscape as well as the proper order of what to do with the actual forging process lol. Had some errors at first, but in the end, it worked out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or were you talking about the wall lol?

2 Likes

LOL

I was talking about both. I have not tried any signs yet, but I have seen so many great ones here.

1 Like

This was the first one that I made lol. Just glad it didn’t turn out crappy :wink:

2 Likes

Cute sign!

My daughter had a similar one on her wishlist last Christmas. I bought what she had selected, but felt she would have enjoyed one I made so much more.

2 Likes

Nice! What happened to the classic - We aim to please! You aim, too, Please!

7 Likes

I absolutely love your sign.

2 Likes

AHAHAHAHA! That’s great lol

1 Like

Thank you! Really tied the wall together

2 Likes

So did you end up taking the toilet out to do the wall? It turned out gorgeous! Love the sign!

2 Likes

Thank ya! Nope, was able to slide the slats behind and a cordless brad nailer worked like a charm

1 Like

I LOVE it!!

1 Like

Lol, thanks. The wall just needed, something lol