Battery Storage Boxes

Showing the failures doesn’t mean showing all of the dead time.

You can have a 5 frame shot of a reject pile. Or you can do a normal 10 seconds view of the automated tool cut happening, but extend that out to about 20 seconds and show three short clips of when the tool seized or misaligned or whatever else went a bit wrong.

For explaining the off camera process bits, you can just say “And this is my third attempt, after accidentally using an outer diameter instead of an inner diameter and later dropping my pizza in the glue.”

3 Likes

Is that pizza glue example from personal experience? It sounds a little specific.

I may try doing some maker videos once I have my GF. We will have to see.

1 Like

I recently started watching Nick Zammeti’s woodturning channel and he shows everything… the successes, the “fails”… He even showed, no, he highlighted when a bowl he was turning jumped off the lathe and flew across the shop. He gets a bit talky for my taste (and he makes fun of himself for it while he’s doing it, LOL). While he does show most of the work in process, he puts the video into fast forward during the boring bits that don’t need much narration, like when hogging out a stock blank into basic shape. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3-0S7vXfwYY2jj5EkMpymA

This is going on the short list of useful projects that will be done as soon as I have a GF in my hands. We waste half of a drawer on batteries. This idea is legen… wait for it… dary!

1 Like

Depending on what is capable with the video software I have, I may or may not try. If nothing else, I have a group here that will provide both useful suggestions and honest feedback. (And my feelings won’t be too badly hurt if the feedback is “You really need to stay out of the Youtube Maker Channel business.”)

4 Likes

I already know that I have a face for radio, a voice for print, and I’m dyslexic! Well at least blogs and tutorials can be continuisly updated.

6 Likes

I do have the voice for radio. I’ve had more than one DJ tell me that. My personal opinion is that I have the face for it, and the body for tent season.

If they find you fascinating, it’s only to cover up the fact they’re plotting something .:smirk_cat:

4 Likes

I know one of them has been plotting my murder since day one. He started trying to mess up my shoe laces when I was meeting them at the shelter. This is no surprise. The other one is just more subtle about it. She is playing the long game.

6 Likes

Check that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bob Clagett (Prerelease user @iliketomakestuff), David Piccuito, and Jimmy Diresta do some interesting videos among them. I haven’t watch many of their videos, but they describe them well enough in the Podcast that it feels like I have seen them.

Cannot think of specific channels I have subscribed to in the past which did a good job with showing what can go wrong (forgot which google account they are on…). Basically anyone who has done an honest rube goldberg probably shows a bunch of fails.

2 Likes

Are the “windows” actually cut out or just engraved. Curious because they would show how many batteries are left. Now if they are engraved only… maybe you could cut out on the side an “energy or power” meter bar, or maybe a lightning bolt, something that would allow you to see the level (amount) of the batteries you have left.

5 Likes

I love this. I hate loose batteries so much.

3 Likes

These are cut out, with a contrasting panel glued behind, but that’s quite optional. If you want to leave it open you certainly could.

3 Likes