Bay Area Maker Faire 2017: On site report from MakForge

Awesome. I really wish i could be there to check it out, but iā€™m on the wrong coast. :frowning:

However my sister, who i talked into also buying a GF, should be there. Iā€™ll send her your way.

Hopefully you can convince her she made the right choice. She isnā€™t active on the forums so she hasnā€™t been seeing all the cool stuff made on the PR units.

6 Likes

couldnā€™t happen to a nicer guy! have fun :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looking so forward to updates from you (and others going). Have a great and productive time!!!

3 Likes

No joke. That would actually get me into Clevelandā€¦which I generally try to avoid.

4 Likes

Sounds like a hoot take lots of pictures for us!

3 Likes

Checked in. Unpacking kit. Setting up booth. Met Yves and Kara.

And waiting for a Glowforge. Imagine that. Hah. We love you team Glowforge. :heart_eyes::glowforge:

I got got a corner booth!!! Woohoo.

Brother MICHAEL is my assistant.

32 Likes

Zone 2 in Expo: East is apparently Glowforge alley. It seems to be where most of the Glowforge PRU guinea pigs makers are.

http://makerfaire.com/bay-area-2017/meet-the-makers/search/?s_term=glowforge&faire=BA17

10 Likes

Placed you all in the same place so as to not constantly distract everyone when they are browsing other areas.

3 Likes

What are you doing for the exhaust? Do you have filter unit that youā€™ll be using?

1 Like

In that large a space? Everyone could be venting open, or under booths, and body odor would still be the biggest smell.

8 Likes

Nothing like the smell of burning wood and BO.

3 Likes

Sounds very pleasant. Chuckle!

4 Likes

Bailey is organizing a convoy of glowforge units from the factory shortly. Iā€™m on my way there right now!

30 Likes

And, uhhh, what exact route would she be taking @dan? :wink:

27 Likes

Sounds like a Smokey and the Bandit routineā€¦ I can provide the road block (as long as I get a :glowforge:) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes
12 Likes

How exciting!

Hope ALL of the GlowForgers have a wonderful event, make lots of new friends, inspire many people - and in turn, come home feeling inspired as well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™d fly in to present, if it got me a table with a Glowforge. (I hate flying and have no desire to visit CA.)

4 Likes

Virgin crumb tray. Beautiful.

36 Likes

I am heading to the Faire as an attendee, so I will ā€œmakā€ sure to stop by and say hello!

Very excited for the Faire this year!

John

8 Likes