Bay Area Maker Faire 2017: On site report from MakForge

Did Dan mis-speak or did he really mean that all pre-order deliveries can be expected by the end of August?

All pre-orders will be shipped by the end of August. People who ordered during the “crowdfunding” campaign should have theirs shipped by the end of July. People who ordered after the initial pre-order campaign still placed pre-orders (if you ordered one today it would be a pre-order.)

3 Likes

OK, I get that now. I always think of pre-orders as the crowdfunders but maybe the difference will sink in now.

1 Like

I got led to your booth by a Glowforge rep. They are proud of all you do for them and eager to have you show off their product. It was great meeting you! Your videos are great and keep us all in the loop. Seeing your stuff in person was a fantastic experience. Please continue sharing!

Thanks so much!
-Chris

11 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m still living the dream. Not sure what my next project is though. I’ve done all the things I have wanted to at the moment. I’d like to explore something like the cardboard lamp or globe and work with an OnShape slicer. So many cool ideas are posted here it’s hard to decide what’s next.

2 Likes

Write a list of the ideas you want.
Prioritize the list
Engrave it in slate so it is ‘written in stone’.
Start down the list.
Promptly disregard the list and insert new projects that take your fancy.
Rediscover your list after a dozen rabbit trails.
Discard list as no longer viable/useful.
Rinse.
Repeat.

13 Likes

Hey, at least I’m honest about it. :wink:

1 Like

I guess I can go over my Pinterest and bookmarks. Always forget about them

2 Likes

I immediately had this picture pop into my head of a list of 10 items engraved into a stone tablet… 'cause you know, @marmak3261 being a priest, my brain found it funny.

7 Likes

That’s how it’s going for me :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t wait to get back home next week so I can get back to playing. I’ve got a few things to spit out ready and waiting for time.

I give you these fifteen… smash… ten. ten commandments…

14 Likes

Mel was a genius. Gotta love him :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I need to start committing some time to getting decent with Inkscape. I have to stick to free software for now, but I am hoping to scale up as things go. Besides, I still have an epic font to buy.

Still is. During an event in Chicago two days ago he mentioned that he’s “in talks” to make Spaceballs: the Sequel.

2 Likes

Which font, don’t leave us hanging…

1 Like

Is a matter from another discussion on fonts and font styles. Here is a link somewhere in the middle, but crucial to this post.New Font designs.

3 Likes

Great minds, something something…

1 Like

that’s amazing.

I’m planning to buy it because I HAVE to engrave some stuff using it…especially to give to some graphic designers I know. MUST make the nervous ticks go overdrive.

1 Like