Bay Area Maker Faire 2017: On site report from MakForge

12 Likes

How exciting!

Hope ALL of the GlowForgers have a wonderful event, make lots of new friends, inspire many people - and in turn, come home feeling inspired as well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d fly in to present, if it got me a table with a Glowforge. (I hate flying and have no desire to visit CA.)

4 Likes

Virgin crumb tray. Beautiful.

36 Likes

I am heading to the Faire as an attendee, so I will “mak” sure to stop by and say hello!

Very excited for the Faire this year!

John

8 Likes

Have a great time!

4 Likes

Yahoooooo!

By an astounding coincidence, I once lived in Milpitas, and my dad worked in San Mateo. So I know it’s not terribly far.

4 Likes

Wasn’t bad enough that you soiled one crumb tray without making a commitment to it, and now a second?

21 Likes

Won’t stay that way long.

3 Likes

I’m coming up to visit! I’ll be there Saturday. I look forward to an in-depth chat about what I should expect when my unit ships. Have a great show!

5 Likes

Are these production or pre-release units?

6 Likes

I’ll bet they’re Pre-Pro-Production units. (Wasn’t confusing enough - time to come up with another term.)

5 Likes

I actually followed that.

5 Likes

Ditto from me!

3 Likes

I will see you guys there Saturday! A huge shout out to :glowforge: and their gracious free tickets for me and hubby. :love: Thank you for the opportunity to go and can’t wait to meet some of you this weekend. I thought I was just going to be dragging hubby along with me, but he told me this morning he was really excited to see my new toy in action. Made me very happy to have him excited about it too.

16 Likes

More reporting, less partying. (Yeah, okay, I’m a little jealous.) :wink:

6 Likes

PPPU? Naw…that doesn’t sound quite right does it…!:smiley:

3 Likes

Here is an engraving. Design from @macphee. Note that there are no waves in the tick marks. This is a great unit.

27 Likes

What is the format of your booth? Is it pretty much open season? If I were to bring a 2x2" square leather sample and a line drawing along, would it be possible to try and etch it, or is that wishful thinking?

There were too many people at the official Glowforge booth last year for them to do anything “off script”, so I had to stick to the small swatches of proofgrade maple they were demoing with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I can do that. I will do my best honor any fellow Glowforge forum member’s request if it takes less than five minutes. Can do it after hours also. When are you coming? Ah. I see Sunday. Come right away and I’ll fit it in sometime.

11 Likes