Been a while... and new purses

Hi Everyone! it’s been a while since I’ve posted any new projects. But I am still trudging along making stuff. THese are 2 of the new purses I designed. The black one is acrylic and the “leather” one is mdf. Kinda fun math creating these. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep showing those great projects!!!

44 Likes

Your designs are always a treat to see.

14 Likes

Ok, I totally understand how the black acrylic one worked. How is the “leather” one MDF? Is that a ridiculously thin skin, or ??

12 Likes

It is printed MDF. The print looks really realistic.

18 Likes

Very nice!!!

9 Likes

WOW! The MDF one is amazingly leather looking!

11 Likes

Yeah it’s fooling a few people. Lol

11 Likes

Both very impressive in how they use the materials. Top tier.

10 Likes

They are both fabulous! I’m captivated by the sleek designs, but how on earth did you make that black strap?

Will these be joining the other purse designs in your Etsy shop?

10 Likes

Nice work as always

6 Likes

Awesome to see your brilliant work! Thank you for sharing! Excellent as always.

7 Likes

I bought the strap…haha.Got 2 of those straps for about $15 on Amazon. Both purses will be joining the Etsy shop. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That’s amazing!:heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been on a purse design kick lately. Just trying to see how many shapes I can push the living hinges to.

10 Likes

Have you had any of the living hinges fail yet?

After all they are called living hinges because they eventually die…. How long they last depends a lot on how much you’re pushing boundaries, which it seems like that’s what you’re doing.

They’re so cool, but it seems like they have a lifespan. I’m just wondering how long that will be.

9 Likes

Wow! Fantastic! Going to have to check out printed mdf

7 Likes

I have yet to hear of any of my purses giving out. I made one a year ago and they use it all the time. Still going strong. Obviously, they will eventually give out, but if you treat them with care they should last a while.

11 Likes

I always love your purses, so if you’re gone for a bit because you’re designing new ones you’ve created to show us, well, we’ll let you slide. :wink: Great design on these, and like others have said, that MDF one - wow!! But I also like the acrylic one? What’s their sizes?

7 Likes

HAHA…I started a new one today. The black purse is 10.375" W (at the widest point) x 5" H X 3" D. The Leather-look one is 9.25" W x 8.25"H x 4.25" D.

8 Likes

These are just amazing!!

5 Likes