Beer Caddy with....wait for it!

Behold the Beer Caddy with a built in side table!

I’ve had an itch to make my own “Beer Caddy” and after some searching I found the spark of inspiration I was looking for from @pubultraster and his slick Beer Caddy design.

However, I wanted to put my own special touch on what a Beer Caddy should be. The special something for me was a wall that folded up to become a special side table. I also hid some neodymium magnets inside to hold onto the bottle caps. Now not only do you not have no have reach so far to grab your beer, you have safe place to put your snacks and other belongs at your favorite festival, concert, bonfire, you name it.

Thanks for taking a glance!

77 Likes

Wow! Great version of the design! How well does it do when you empty the other side? Or have you used counter weights?

7 Likes

Does it tip over? (Got to do one of those for DH.)
Great design! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The table does support a single glass bottle even if the caddy is empty. The majority is 1/4 Baltic birch ply so there is ample heft to it.

5 Likes

Thanks Jules!

1 Like

Fascinating! Now if there were some bottle sized hole to keep them from sliding or tipping over,
The magnet to collect the bottle caps is a really great add as well!:partying_face:

5 Likes

Really cool, well thought out design!

4 Likes

I can not express how much I love folding things. Make the other side also swing up and add a beefy hook opposite the opener side and you have a fantastic Hollywood Bowl table :thinking:

5 Likes

That is a very creative spin on the candy. Great work. :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Pretty neat, id worry that when you were on your last beer it would want to tip over tho.

4 Likes

It’s actually heavy enough to support that last beer :beer:

5 Likes

Great Design!

3 Likes

It’s more than meets the eye !!! Great job ! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

This is awesome! :smile: I love wonderfully over engineered whimsical stuff. If you absolutely have to you could add a a drop-down leg for the self, but the chance of tipping it kinda adds to the coolness factor.

5 Likes

Love the fold out tray. I also added magnets to mine, so great addition. Very cool.

4 Likes

Brilliant! Very clever.

4 Likes

Nice! Love the shelf and the cap capture!

3 Likes

Oh, you clever duck. NICE job!

2 Likes