Beer Ornament

My boyfriend bought me a glowforge for Christmas and wanted me to wait to open it! Obviously that didn’t happen lol : ) This is my second project. I thought it would be cool to make some ornaments with designs I previously made to put on t-shirts.

I created this design to wear to a beer festival. I know this is sort of short notice to hang on a tree but I literally just got everything hooked up and figured out. Thanks to everyone who has posted tutorials in the forumbeerornament2.pdf (1.0 MB) it has made my life considerably easier.

40 Likes

Thank you. You’re off to a great start!

2 Likes

What was he thinking? No way you can hide a box that size without some planning (& then some issues Christmas morning trying to wrangle it under the tree before you saw it).

Nice job on the ornament. Already mastered some techniques that others have found problematic. You’re in for some great fun & as you’ve found, there are some great tutorials to help figure out how to do almost anything.

6 Likes

I love that your first post here was a nice share. Thank you! You are gonna have so much fun!

5 Likes

That is some significant boyfriend to give you such a present - he must have seen your creative spirit and now he’ll watch many fun things come out of the Glowforge! Kudos to you both and Merry Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

He’s a keeper, hands down the best boyfriend I’ve ever had. I knew the after our 2nd conversation he was “the one”. I was making Godzilla cabinet knobs, went to work and his phone rang. He had Godzilla for his ringtone. I asked him out almost immediately and 2 years later it’s still the best decision I’ve ever made : )

5 Likes

Well Done! Sharing a file is a strong entrance. :sunglasses:
Judging from your work and your generosity, you will be an asset to the community - Welcome to the best accessory to your new tool!

2 Likes

I can already tell you guys are amazing :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

My favorite place online. :+1:

2 Likes

Does it still count as a “meet cute” if it involves a giant lizard monster? :grinning:

1 Like

I think so :lizard:

2 Likes

He had Godzilla for his ringtone.

That is a cute story! And a fun one to tell over the years.