"Beguiling Lili" - Created for the "Princess Power" Art Show (Feb 2019)

This piece was inspired by the movie, Legend.

Every project has challenges and, since this one was larger than just a stand print size (I do have a pro but not quite comfortable with pass through), I had to hide seams “creatively”. In the back, I created an engraved design and some of the flowers act as puzzle pieces latching into the next piece. Bottom layer (back) is 3 interlocked pieces.

Thanks!

62 Likes

Mmmm! Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm! That’s a treat to the eyes. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That is stunning! Gorgeous!

6 Likes

Wow absolutely stunning. I love the creative seams.

6 Likes

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

5 Likes

LOVE your colors and the contrast with the black border!!!

6 Likes

How beautiful and intricate!

5 Likes

Ohmygosh, your pieces truly amaze! The back is very nice as well. Really lovin’ your work.

6 Likes

Wow I was loving just the back before I realized it was just the back! All the more fantastic, even unbelievable for the rest!

7 Likes

Gorgeous!

6 Likes

Once again, I am at a loss for words to describe how impressed I am by your artistic talent as well as your skill.

7 Likes

I can’t think of enough adjectives to describe this beautiful piece.

7 Likes

This is some outstanding work.
Can you elaborate a bit on your color/finish process?

7 Likes

11058415_866150530111794_425176163634835471_n

8 Likes

Wow!

That’s the level of detail I want for my ten principles project. :slight_smile:

I was trying to remember the film and the tie in. I just couldn’t do it until I realized I was thinking of “I Am Legend.” Once I saw Darkness I put the pieces together so to speak. Lovely work!

4 Likes

Darkness and the Unicorn are both 2 layers with colored resin as the base and a hardwood overlay (Bloodwood and Yellowheart). Black Acrylic was used for the horns of Darkness and Lili’s “crown”. Lili’s face and chest was done in a basswood with a black veneer inlay for the details. All remaining wood cuts/engravings were done in a birch plywood and painted with either gold acrylic or black acrylic paint. Lastly, there is a cut and engraved layer of clear acrylic in the background (over the white and black) to make the main background motif more continuous.

For those not familiar with the movie, the main background design is a ring (half moon half sun) that Lili wears in the movie.

13 Likes

Stunning! Love the artistry and selection of materials. The join of the pieces … Just wow!

4 Likes

terrific. jealous of the intricate work.

3 Likes

Ooooh, that’s some inspiring work! Thanks for sharing! I love the contrasting colors and textures.

4 Likes

Excellent work!!!

2 Likes