Belt Came Loose While Printing

The belt on my Glowforge Pro came loose while printing. I didn’t notice right away and it was stuck for a while. It seems that the black roller where the belt rolls broke. Is this something a lot of you have dealt with? What am I supposed to do? Is my machine going to have problems now?
I sent an email for support, but I was reading that if I post here is faster?
I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you!
Susy

Sending email to support is the right call. The other advice is stale: they used to provide support here but, no longer monitor the forum.

5 Likes

You just beed a new pulley wheel. It’s in the store - Pulley Wheel – Glowforge Shop

If the machine is under warranty, they will likely provide the replacement at no cost to you.

6 Likes

This seems correct but be aware that not all the wheels in the machine are user serviceable. I’d wait to hear from support to be sure.

I had a damaged gantry wheel and they made me get a refurbed machine. It drove me nuts.

4 Likes

Pulley wheels are completely serviceable by any Glowforge operator. You’ll need the replacement wheel, available on the Glowforge.com spare parts page, and a 3mm Allen wrench to remove the screw holding the wheel in place.

The only concern that I will relay is that the Glowforge pulley wheels have a history of failing in this manner. I purchase them by the dozen, reselling them at a slight markup but with much lower shipping costs than Glowforge, and have experienced as much as a 30% failure rate on shipments received. The plastic wheel portion splits, either from too close a tolerance and stress resulting from the bearings being pressed into the wheel, or instability in the plastic itself.

3 Likes

You can wait for support to respond, or to save time and get you machine running quicker, you can order one here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.