Belt Loose and Slipped

The right glow forge belt became loose and the back knob was also loose. We put the belt back on the knob and tightened the knob. The belt is still extremely loose and the printer will not slide properly. Do I need to attach something else somewhere? We’ve only had the printer for 2 weeks now… Maybe it was already loose? HELP !

the back pulley on the left and right and the right side under the gantry are the where the tension adjust is. If you slightly loosen the bolt in the center of the pulley and push it towards the back of the machine it should slide slightly then all you need to do is tighten it back up while applying that pressure and you should be good to go.

Here is a link of what to do.

5 Likes

Thank you that is perfect!!

2 Likes

Not a problem glad to help

I’m so sorry to hear about the loose belt. Where you able to get the belt tightened?

There are detailed instructions available here: Adjust Printer Belts

If you are still having trouble, let us know. Post a photo of the belt and I’ll be happy to follow up with additional instructions.

We were able to tighten it. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!