Best way to connect draftboard

Not sure if this is the best place or if this has been asked, but right now im using wood glue for putting my planter box sides together and want to know if there is a better way to go about this?

Wood glue is fine. Sanding with coarse grit sandpaper or scratching it up first and then clamping is better.

CA glue (Superglue) is another popular alternative, it dries quicker.

3 Likes

There are a bunch of CA glues formulated for wood these days and I love them as I’m impatient. Yellow wood glue also works well but be prepared to clamp the joints over night.

2 Likes

If it’s a planter box I’d probably use waterproof wood glue. Titebond III is waterproof I think.

1 Like

There’s no reason not to use CA. Especially if you’re impatient. When I was a kid I built balsa model airplanes using glue called “Ambroid”. It took overnight to dry. You’d pin everything down to the building board, hit it with glue, and come back the next day for the next step. Then CA hit the market and I could literally build model airplanes as fast as I could mate the parts together. What took weeks could be done in a day.

There are a lot of different kinds of CA, and you need the right kind for the best results for your materials. But it’s all I use for wood except in one situation - where the joint will be load bearing I will glue it with 5-minute epoxy.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.