Best X-Men movie yet

Hahaha the same happened to me, after seen Logan picture and some comments I understood hahaha it was X-man

But yes It is a great movie I just saw this weekend :smiley:

I would too. Very hard on the language, and this version doesn’t hide any of the violence. No nudity or sex that I can remember.

1 Like

That’s a good site, I’ve used it in the past.

My wife and I are pretty picky about what our kids watch (even though they are almost 15 and 18). Deadpool we passed on, but I just couldn’t say no to Logan. Possible spoiler behind blur, so don’t click if you’re worried…fair warning. My youngest son cried at the end. He said he’s only done that two other times, once at the end of Lord of the Rings when Thorin dies, in Star Wars episode 8 when Han Solo dies, and then at the end of Logan.

1 Like

There was some very brief (mild) nudity near the beginning. Plus, the Deadpool trailer.

1 Like

thanks for the correction, guess I blinked :smile:

Ticket in hand waiting on a buddy

Excited no one has a bad thing to say about this movie

2 Likes

Enjoy!

My father showed me Hellraiser, jaws , and total recall(total recall in theatres) before I was 10. I would argue I am well adjusted…

Kids in Deadpool shocked me a bit. I feel Deadpool was more graphic and vulgar then the above films, but maybe I’m just getting old.

Arguments could be made that star wars: return of the Jedi , is way to graphic for kids. How many thousands of people died on the death Star when it blew up, and encouraged kids to cheer their deaths. Also there are some grewsome Ewok deaths. And the feasting on dead stormtroopers after the battle .

5 Likes

My first theatrical “R” was Terminator 2, and I almost didn’t get to see it. My dad dropped me and a friend off at the theater. The clerk wouldn’t sell us the tickets but then we were stuck at the theater without a ride, and we were trying to get hold of my dad, but he may not have gone straight home… eventually the clerk sold us the tickets and let us in. I would have been 14 I think when that came out. These days I don’t see any issues with T2, and back then it didn’t seem too violent or anything… so I don’t really know why it was rated R.

The first time I remember seeing a grown-up movie was a movie called The Beastmaster… which is rated PG. My mom didn’t like the fact that the one guy could dissolve people, and yelled at my dad when he was watching it with me.

People are far too sensitive about this kind of thing these days. That said, Deadpool was far too graphic for children. Logan was rough based on the language and the slicing and dicing… but in my experience sex draws more ire than any amount of violence.

2 Likes

I took my oldest son (19 at the time) to see Deadpool, but when we got home I told the rest of my kids that it was a great movie and they couldn’t watch it until they were 25 or so.

6 Likes

Wow… Hugh took care of us

2 Likes

I find it interesting, that so many of us (myself included), consider it acceptable for our children to watch violence in a movie, which we teach them is a terrible act. But sex, which we teach them is a beautiful act between two people who love each other, is a complete no no.
I mean, I get uncomfortable watching the kind of sex scene which is just mildly suggestive of the act when my kids are around.

4 Likes

Bummed Vinnie Jones isn’t in it!

It’s in Italian in Sicily - English in Malta!

1 Like

So does that make Logan and professor x sound sexier then they already are?

1 Like

I don’t think it has anything to do with not appreciating the beauty of sex, I think it’s more the fact that watching it is arousing. While violence is too, children are much younger when they learn to deal with feelings of anger and fear. On the sexual side that maturity comes much later and requires a certain level of physical maturity (puberty). That’s my reasoning anyway. And for the record there are situations of violence that I don’t allow my children to watch, comic book violence just doesn’t happen to be one of those areas. I can say if my youngest was any younger (he’s about to turn 15) he would not have seen Logan. So much is Subjective in these kinds of decisions.

6 Likes

All very subjective… one clarification though… there are various levels of “comic-book” violence, even within comic books. From Avengers to Deadpool, the spectrum is very large. Not saying a 15 year old shouldn’t see Logan, as you said, subjective. It’s all based on the maturity of the child and is up to the parent to determine if they can see it and if they can process what they are seeing properly.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. In fact this one was preceded by a long discussion between his mother and I as to whether it would be okay. If there had been any more nudity (which I wish they could have skipped that part, but I got it in the context of the story), or even much more violence, I would have regretted taking him. As it was it made me a little uneasy, but our family has the great habit of talking through movies and tv shows after the fact, which I have found on numerous occasions ended up taking a rather bad experience and making something positive out of it. Even with comic book violence we often ask each other, “would there have been a better non-violent way to solve their problems?” We come up with a few but then all agree Wolverine’s method was a lot more fun to watch :smile:

3 Likes

Hmm, that’s all well and good, but I have a feeling I’m never going to be comfortable with it (Nor, I suspect, will they).:slight_smile:

1 Like