Beta Project 2_JM - Ornament

These ornaments have 5 half moon shapes and puzzle together at the core. For this project 3 of the 5 have star cut outs the other 2 a Christmas carol verse.

The two ‘slices’ through the text are actual laser slices but it only happened on one of the two pieces which seemed strange. Also realized I should have ganged the etch pieces closer together … it took 14+ minutes in the unit, had I set it up correctly time would have been significantly less!

59 Likes

This is great!! It’s making me so excited for Christmas with a glowforge!!

9 Likes

Squeeeeeeeeee! :grin:

7 Likes

:santa:I feel like i’m more close to christmas now, this is wonderful. :grin:

4 Likes

Simple and beautiful, love it!

4 Likes

Looks like it is going to be a Merry Christmas at your house this year. Beautiful work.:thumbsup:

6 Likes

Great idea!
Thank you for feeding us out here in laser-less land.

6 Likes

Awesome Projects!

I should be working right now and crunch numbers… but I am day-dreaming about what I can do with the Glowforge!

Thanks for sharing! I cannot wait until we all get ours and share projects like these!!!

:smile_cat:

5 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Welcome @martinell.jan to the forum. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Love your creations! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Very creative. Thanks for sharing. :grinning:

2 Likes

I will be making so many ornaments for friends and family. Love the design. Glad to have you on the forum and excited to see what else you come up with! :smiley:

2 Likes

Jan, your work is gorgeous!

4 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Very nice !! I wonder how colored acrylic would look ( or that glitter acrylic )… Or even the pattern like that (out of wood) but make the stars acrylic inlays (colored)…

2 Likes