Beta project: maryellen's "Hello World"

My guess is this post was moved/copied from another section of the forum. And those rights are different than what’s used here (most likely a different class that we can’t see.) Hence why they don’t have the ‘Beta User’ flag here. All above could be completely wrong. Just a guess.

Nice to see more beta users.

3 Likes

Welcome to :blush: the Glowforge family. I love to see all of the cool things you guys are doing. I have learned something from you already. Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

Yay! Hello and welcome, @maryellen. Delighted to see you here and look forward to what you will make.

2 Likes

Yay, welcome @maryellen
Just reviewed your QOTD entry too!

4 Likes

Hello back to ya! Cant wait to see what you create😀

1 Like

Welcome @maryellen Can’t wait to see all the amazing things you make!!

4 Likes

This is great. I hope that Beata growth is exponential from here on out!

4 Likes

Hurrah! Can you give us a quick 2-3 sentences of what you did to make that trace?

6 Likes

The luck is with you, go get a lottery ticket!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting @maryellen. Congrats on the beta.

4 Likes

Hello! Great to see another Beta user come out of the community. :slight_smile: looking forward to seeing what ideas you turn into reality with your Glowforge.

2 Likes

Hey Paul! I’ve asked the beta users not to do Q&A in the forums since we want them to be able to spend their time putting the system to work. I believe she just took a piece of proofgrade material, drew on it, clicked the cutout regions, and hit print. There are a few videos floating around on Youtube if you look for Glowforge, as that’s what we do all day at Maker Faire. :slight_smile: If you’d like to try it yourself, we’ll be at MF in NY soon!

–dan

9 Likes

You know, it just occurred to me.
Seeing Dan in the forum earlier in the day instead of the wee hours - could be a good sign.
His time constraints would be a reflection of pressure. :thinking:

3 Likes

Nope…he was playing host :grinning:

9 Likes

Hello and welcome to the beta! I’m excited for more in use projects

2 Likes

You didn’t see cgunderson’s opening statement 12 days ago in Project inspiration topic? “As per the user manual, I …” That was the first think I thought when I read it back then - that there is a manual! Which leads me to wonder if we should start a topic - “What do we know”… Like we know there is a manual , we know the production site is NOT in Seattle. we know boxes exist and have been (test) shipped. (I suppose it could be labeled what we speculate…):sunglasses:
Anyways - congrats being a Beta Maryellen!! forward to seeing what else you come up with !!! (Try and “break” it before they ship !!! - so they’ll be even better for us :slight_smile:). Curious - does your Forge have a name? Did cgunderson’s? Have a Great weekend! Oops - that’s kinda Q&A, but maybe Dan can answer if their GFs have names

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time to resurrect this thread.

2 Likes

I believe we dubbed them Maryellenforge and Gunderforge, respectively. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

MeForge sounds better :slightly_smiling_face:

Gunderforge sounds very LOTR dwarvish - nice :grinning:

5 Likes

Great to see another beta working! @maryellen, you clearly have style. I’m very much looking forward to seeing your creativity en Forge.

2 Likes