Beta Project: Our office sign project was a big success

Until today I had a paper sign on my office door. At my small office I only have clients visit very rarely, and so have never wanted to pay for a professionally made door sign. But with the Glowforge I was able to cut one out and assemble it for myself.

I used 1/4" plywood as the sign base, and cut larger letters and my logo out of different colors of 1/8" hardwood. I inscribed the smaller letters into the plywood base. Initially I just scored the larger letters onto the plywood to act as guides for gluing the cut-out hardwood letters, but then I realized that if I inscribed the letters on the plywood I could inset the larger letters and logo that I had already cut out. Here is the finished product. I am pretty pleased with it.

63 Likes

Lovely sign!
Isn’t it great when a new tool suggests a new way of doing things?

8 Likes

That looks very snazzy! The etch fitting makes a huge difference–alignment can be such a pain. Awesome job :smiley:

5 Likes

We passed around this photo at the company meeting and there was much oohing and aaahing. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Oooooh! Like the inset idea! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Wow, that is amazing!

2 Likes

That looks sliiiick. Well done.

2 Likes

That looks fantastic–so classy and completely professional.

2 Likes

Very classy sign, nice balance and attractive lettering.

And to think of all the other fun conversations that remain to be shared outside of the beta forum!

3 Likes

WOW, just wow!

2 Likes

Very cool! Looks clean and had a great aesthetic. :+1:

1 Like

That looks great!

1 Like

Very nice!
That will instill more confidence in a perspective client than a paper sign! :sunglasses:
Thank you for sharing your time and ideas!

3 Likes

Excellent sign! Very professional. It’s a great inspiration.

1 Like

Very Nice! Inserting the letters we a great idea.

1 Like

Very professional!