Beta - So this happened (Day One)

What a sight to see!

Look Glowforge team, I know you’ve been wanting to get to Amsterdam and bring it personally. There is a great hotel around the corner but it only takes reservations for 3 or more nights. I might know some great places to go and to do around here. Just saying.

Good luck to the testers!

after all of our brains short circuited last night

no pressure =P

7 Likes

Keep up the good work and may the forge be with you.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I am soooo glad it has started now.

1 Like

Congrats, @jkopel , and I see they even gave you a shiny new title!

1 Like

And that he is currently a community of “1”.

6 Likes

Yeah, but a good one… wait, that makes him the best!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

How has no one yet suggested that you make this?

1 Like

I thought we were going with a manta ray with a laser on its head: Glowforge Mascot Thread

1 Like

Was that the consensus? I can’t keep up anymore, lol…

As original poster of the mascot thread, I truly thought the ray would get the prize, but then we got some funny pics of @dan and finally realized that he is our mascot, like it or not.

2 Likes

Soooo, he should make a @dan, riding a shark, both with frikken lasers on their heads?

:smile:

5 Likes

To answer the earlier question about if this glowforge came directly from the factory line, no - we are making sure every laser is well tested before we send it out.

8 Likes

So, uhh… clears throat… Josh… Can I uh… get you a coffee? Bring you dinner? Be your new best friend?

9 Likes

Looks like I won’t be getting anything done at work tomorrow morning…I’ll be checking this thread…okay make that everyday until that magic box arrives…

1 Like

Yeaaaaah… I just clicked on that video twenty times.

(But I’m also really freaking excited that there’s a beta tester in the forums now! Congrats @jkopel!!)

1 Like

Unfortunately Josh is contractually obligated not to share. I know, I know - my kindergarten teacher would be upset.

11 Likes

Greedy :wink:

1 Like

The Inside view

8 Likes

Is that what happens when you get a glowforge?! no wonder hes been so quiet