Betas, Maker Faire, Production

For you regular pants are capris and for me regular capris are pants. LOL

8 Likes

hehe

5 Likes

If you are in the US…estreetplastics has decent pricing on acrylic…you might also check locally where you live. I raid the store in my town that makes acrylic fixtures often for scraps which I buy by the pound.

6 Likes

I went to a closing down sale where they were selling the shop fittings too. Came home with a bootload of A4 sized price display acrylic “sandwiches” for next to nothing. A lot of them are well used and scratched up but they’ll be good practice. Just got to get rid of the chrome bits.

5 Likes

I wanted a little hologram… “Help me Dan-kinobee , you’re my only hope.” with instructions :grin:

21 Likes

Lol I second that.:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the update Dan! Exciting to hear about it all! Me and my wife are excited for the betas and shipping. Exciting times.

1 Like

Hey Dan, if I was curious about an idea with the hardware of Glowforge, think I could message you a question?

Just email support@glowforge.com… They’ll get back to you for sure

3 Likes

I go by the local plastics place here about once a month. Anything under about 20in they’ll give me for free. The large stuff is really cheap too. I usually walk out of there with a few hundred dollars of acrylic for about $50

9 Likes

I’m 6 on the dot too, and I didn’t even bother installing a shower head cause the bathtub sits under the lowest point of the ceiling. I am a hunch back when I stand up in the tub. Bubble baths are nice though too (especially when you’re not alone ;)) [unless you think you are alone, in which case… :fearful:]

8 Likes

I am not quite 6… and I hate baths because I don’t fit in any tub. How on earth do you enjoy a bath, let alone believe some other human could fit in one with you?!

6 Likes

Allow me to clarify:

I knew that the Bathroom ceiling was going to be too short for me to stand up in. I also hate regular sized bathtubs. My solution for both of these dilemmas was to go down to the Restore (Habitat for Humanity construction-related thrift shop) and purchase a Jacuzzi-sized-six-foot-internal-bowl tub for 20 bucks and re-framed one of the bathroom walls so that it would fit. It comfortably fits two.

It does on the other hand take forever to fill.

8 Likes

I imagine it would take forever to fill up a tub that size. My hot tub takes a while to fill up every 6 months, but that’s for 4 people. Actually, I will eventually be getting rid of my bath tub, which is rarely ever used, because it is too big, it’ll fit a tall person no problem. My wife is 5’3", and she sinks down into it and so she can’t comfortably soak in it with her head above the water and read a book.

2 Likes

$20? Holy hells, another reason to hate living in a small town.

2 Likes

I would guess the volume of the tub to be about 1.5 times that of a regular tub so it’s not that hugely frightening to fill it (though I must confess I haven’t seen it full…lol) she can still soak, she just tends to do it cross legged on the short side of the tub

Yeah, if memory serves I got the four base kitchen cabinets, the stove, and an end-table for about 130, and the guy in charge threw the tub in for cheap. I was happy. I’m not cheap, just tired of always being really really close to broke :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I can identify.
There is a bright spot, as it were. Watching a show how the wealthy live, a sample of about eight super rich.
Their biggest fear in life was that they would outlive their money.
I thought, not a big deal - I outlive my money on a monthly basis!
Perspective.

15 Likes

The Habitat for Humanity Restore’s are great! We have a few around us.

You can check there website, they are all over the place.

My guess would be this is the closest one to you.
http://lewisclarkhabitat.org/store/

2 Likes

Damn it, now I was looking at the store next to us and they have this! I don’t think I can explain to the Mrs why we need an oscilloscope. :disappointed:

13 Likes