Better File Organization - PLEASE!

I’ve had my Glowforges for a couple years and my only real complaint is the lack of a mechanism for organizing the dashboard. I’ve seen this mentioned many, many times and still nothing. At the very, very least, could a sort alphabetically be added? At least that way I could rename my files with a naming system that would somewhat organize them.

3 Likes

As you know, this has been requested many times. Since support no longer monitors the forum, it would be best for you to send your request by email to them at support@glowforge.com.

4 Likes

I’d like to see the ability to add a folder to the dashboard so like files could be grouped together

1 Like

It is just extremely frustrating that they’ve ignored this request for so long. I was not aware they didn’t read this anymore, so I’ve emailed them also, maybe if everyone that wants this feature would do it, that would help. If nothing, more sorting options would at least help somewhat.

Add your name to the wish list by emailing support directly.

2 Likes

At least they’ve added the search functionality. But, one of the things I do is to use bookmarks in my browser for files I use over and over. The bookmark folder of Glowforge things lives on my chrome bookmark bar - there I can name them by file name or change it, I can organize that folder in a way that suits me and add/delete things from the folder when needed -deleting the bookmark doesn’t delete the file from the GF dashboard, just from the bookmarks folder. Once you click on a file in your dashboard and it opens, you can bookmark it and use the bookmark anytime to open that same file without having to search for it in the dashboard.

5 Likes

I don’t trust the library in the first place. Been burned by too many cloud apps that lose or corrupt data at some point. I have all my files organized in folders on my computer, backed up to Dropbox, and upload them fresh for each print.

4 Likes

Same for me. If I ever leave something on the dashboard, it’s nothing that I don’t also have on my computer and backed up on that.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they don’t want to encourage using the dashboard as a file repository, adding to the company’s expense for the storage. I can’t imagine another reason they would ignore something that has been so often requested.

4 Likes

You think they’d at least have it for all the stored files they want us to buy from them……instead of hunting down three-seven separated and identically marked files.

4 Likes

Exactly, just the Designs of the Month for May took up 12 slots. And all the letters from a few months back was much worse, I’d love to be able to have dumped them all in a single folder.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.