Bigger tape measure holder for pegboard

So after making the original tape measure tray for pegboard, I realized that I have a bunch of tapes and two of them are way larger and won’t fit the original design. So here is a bigger one. It is stronger than the original and I’ve added a cutout for the tapes hook. It will fit at least up through a 35’ fat max.
It also kerfs up a bit looser so you won’t have to hammer it together.
Make it from any med :proofgrade: scraps you have.
This time I have only included one side and one front/back as they are identical. Just make two of each.

bigmax%20tape%20holder%20complete

40 Likes

Thanks for sharing all the peg board pieces

5 Likes

Thanks for this design. If I don’t have large tape measures is my workshop deficient? I think small flower pots could fit in these and bring organic color to an otherwise steely display of tools.

4 Likes

One wishes one had a peg board to put all your designs on! :grinning:

6 Likes

By no means. I only have them because I inherited one and I bought the other for some unique features, not its size. I don’t see much use for one over 12’ unless you are working construction.

That would be very cool. If this is the size that works out for that and you don’t need the hook cutout edit it out.

1 Like

Well get on it! :smile: It is less than $10 for a 2X4’ sheet at home improvment stores or if you just have small areas where you can put it cut some on the :glowforge:.

4 Likes

May just have to do that – I like organization in all its forms - especially :glowforge:'d ones.

1 Like

Thanks for the latest! That’s a nice rendering, btw.

3 Likes

Thanks for all of these!

3 Likes

Yeah I normaly photo the stuff but I’d not glued these up yet. Fusion 360 does fantastic at rendering. I’ve seen some where the person put a little time into it that I had a hard time telling it was not a photo!

2 Likes

At first glance I wondered what sort of exotic wood you were using on your peg board brackets.

4 Likes

Great … Thank you!!

1 Like

Just saw this, as I am in the process of reorganizing my craftroom. I have a rolling Kobalt tool station that has built-in pegboards on 3 sides, a lot of drawers (in which I plan to keep my boards and acrylic) and some open shelves. In order to use the drawers, I need to empty them out, so am looking for things to hold all my stuff. This will work perfect for my tape measures, as I have several and can stack them side-by-side. Thanks for sharing your file!

1 Like

If you have not already, search me as I have added several pegboard designs over time.

2 Likes

Will do. Thanks Mark.