Biggest order yet!

So a friend of my wife manages several properties in the Columbus, OH area and saw some of the things I’ve been making. She reached out to me and asked if I could make a large order, 270 to be exact, of keychains to give to the residents of one of the apartment complexes she manages.
Luckily they had their own logo in Illustrator format so getting it laser ready was a breeze!

This is not all of them by the way! There are still many more that need chains attached!

45 Likes

Well now, that is pretty amazing! Congrats!

3 Likes

What’s your preferred masking removal technique?

2 Likes

On these, 99% came off in one big piece actually. Was kind of shocked. I then used a plastic razor blade to get the rest off. I’ll post a link to the ones I have. They work really, really well and don’t seem to scratch any material I’ve tried them on so far :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Good for you!

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Congrats! Neat gig!

2 Likes

Fantastic! I working into that side of forging. Custom, locally sources items… Good Luck!

2 Likes

Good for you! And you are going full bore with that double jump ring. I have stopped after January making a birthday calendar because I was using double jump rings and they are a beast to get on medium proofgrade. I was mangling around the holes. Switching to a single jump ring.

4 Likes

You could make a jig for that… :smiley:

2 Likes

I got something from Hobby Lobby, but the double jump rings I have don’t work on it with the size of the holes and thickness of the material.

1 Like

I have to open the jump ring wider first to get it on the ply lol. Then close it all back up. If I was actually charging for my time, they would be stupid expensive lol. However, it’s the first big order that will likely lead to many more similar ones, so, I’ll cut them a discount to start with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

The lasering is the easy part. Jump rings are a pain.

3 Likes

These things work great. I love mine. Although I’ve found that, after a couple of years, I need a new plastic blade and it appears they don’t sell them at your local hardware store.

3 Likes

They are on the shelf at my local Harbor Freight.

4 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

I don’t know about local stores, but I bought a box of like 100 of the blades (a lifetime supply :smile:) on Amazon

3 Likes

Update: They are all finished! Shipping them out soon. Glad to be done with this order honestly lol

4 Likes

totally awesome-i had a friend show another friend some cork coasters i made and now i have an order for 120. So cool and i really like the design on yours

3 Likes

I always use duct tape to remove masking. It makes it so easy.

2 Likes