Bird Feeder

It’s my Grandmothers 80th birthday, and we’re all trying to do something special for her especially since we can’t go and see her for it. It’s also one of my first projects on the Glowforge other than some test engravings and cuts to see how it works.

I found a bunch of little things with the engineering of the bird feeder, but I’ll get that fixed in a future generation.

Materials:
Proof Grade Draft Board (Majority of the build)
Proof Grade Acrylic (For the Window)
Black Spray Paint
Gold Spray Paint (For the Lettering)
Clear Spray Sealer

Pieces

Assembled

Painted

26 Likes

Is it meant to hang, or just sit on something?

My grandmother loved watching birds at her feeder too. We got her several that hung just outside her window.

3 Likes

Great job, I am sure she will love it.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, mounting it was a bit of an after thought, from design to building it, it was about 2 hours.

For this version, It’ll have a screw down through the bottom of it to mount it to a stand.

5 Likes

She will enjoy it all the more because you made it for her.

2 Likes

I like it! Is it for a particular type of feed? It could double as a squirrel feeder as well.:laughing:

Aren’t most bird feeders squirrel feeders also? They seem to think so!

2 Likes

I designed the “hopper” area to fit something like sunflower sized seeds no problem, and there is a slight slope in there as well to help move seeds in the right direction. Yea, I know they have a lot of birds up in the mountains where she is at, but I don’t know how many squirrels unfortunately. At least I know one animal will love it… :smiley:

1 Like

nice job!

1 Like