Black cable sale

So my machine stopped working yesterday (open lid problem). Went through all trouble shooting suggested in search function and gathered black cable is bad. Anyone got a black cable I can buy off of in Cali or elsewhere willing to ship? GF store is out of stock and other websites are being silly with price.

See this thread…

1 Like

Just read it thanks

Mine just turned into a pumpkin too. Going to replace it now…

2 Likes

pumpkin ≠ paperweight. No Bingo for you.

7 Likes

I’m finding this interesting. All of us ‘long-timers’ are ending up replacing the black cable before the tubes even have stopped working, which were given an estimated 2 years.

4 Likes

Took less than 5 minutes - It’s ALIVE!
Here’s hoping the 10th revision (as noted on the cable) has solved the issue. The old one removed cleanly, no residual adhesive.

3 days from the time I asked for help from the community - to fixed! :star_struck: :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Nice!, can’t wait to feel that feeling. Hope that’s the problem on mines.

How’d you get the cable so fast

1 Like

Well, you’re a hella better installer than I was. I had a heck of a time getting the left hand clip in correctly. It was difficult for me to reach back there far enough. Glad it was so quick for you! It’s a good feeling when you start something up and it actually works! :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, it was not a 5 minute procedure for me. First it took days to get up the nerve. Then there was getting better lighting and finding the surgical loupes. Then there was the shaking hands and ditching the loupes. Then there was the anxiety and rechecking of the connections. I really didn’t think it was going to work, but when I turned it on and the head moved I was thrilled and more than a little proud of myself.

7 Likes

Probably had an extra on hand. I have one just in case as well.

4 Likes

Exactly the same for me. In fact, everything you said was pretty much verbatim to what I experienced, too. I was gutted when my first time at powering back on did nothing…but after fiddling with it more…success. I think @rbtdanforth had the same issues.

4 Likes

I reported the problem here, asking if anyone had a spare to sell me, and Bam!

@Xabbess, yes, the side ends were stiff enough to offer resistance, but I hyper focused on seating the connections squarely, so I could be confident my work wouldn’t be the cause of failure.

That was a moment of elation! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I have an extra cable and I’m in Socal. Let me know if you still need one.

3 Likes

They are back in stock.

5 Likes

Nice! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.