Black circle?

Is this normal? I swear it wasn’t always there? It’s so weird? It blocks part of my print area.

Yep totally normal. It is the reason I purchased a Glowforge. It has always been there.

What in tarnation are you talking about?

5 Likes

How large is it? Sometimes if you are trying to focus on something without the tray, there will appear to be a black crescent at the bottom of the screen…it’s an artifact of the algorithm that corrects for fisheye effect.

You might want to capture a screen shot of it if it is interfering with your placement so support can take a look at it. (Also, running the Calibration routine might minimize it.)

3 Likes

Omg I just realized I never attached my picture! Lol!! One second!!

2 Likes

I’ll also try the calibration this weekend and see if it helps reduce the size of the black mark. Thanks a ton!

I hope that you can laugh with me regarding my first reply. I can’t help myself - don’t hate me :crazy_face:

Now that I can see what you are referring to I’d have to say I have never seen this. Listen to @Jules, she is usually right…

5 Likes

I thought it was funny. (Which I can use these days.) :smile:

3 Likes

How far in are you zoomed? It might help to zoom out a little too…that definitely looks large.

1 Like

It was hilarious!! I needed the laughter so it’s much appreciated lol.

@Jules I’ll run that calibration this weekend and post results. Can you tell me where to find the calibration test? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha, I typed it and hit send. I usually reconsider; but I was feeling sassy.

3 Likes

If you click on the blue word that says Calibration in my first post it’s a link to take you to it.

1 Like

You’re so amazing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

We all think so too.

3 Likes

Flattery will get you everywhere. :wink:
(I’m feeling sassy too today.)

4 Likes

Glad to see you are back; we have missed you the last few days. Secret project?

2 Likes

Nope, just some family issues to work through. (Along with a plague that seems to be smacking the nation concurrently…too much damned “stuff” going on.) :grimacing:

1 Like

Hope things get better Jules.

4 Likes

Oh they will. Just had too much on my plate the last 6 weeks or so. But it always gets better…eventually. :smile:

5 Likes

The good part of Change, Sometimes things get so crazy that any change is an improvement and change is inevitable.

4 Likes

Change is already on its way!

2 Likes