Black clip on printer head came off?!?

The black clip that connects to the white cord broke off and I can’t even tell how it stayed on before? Has anyone ever fixed that themselves? Glue? I can see where the two small metal spots need to line up but no obvious way it was adhered to the laser head in the first place…

A picture would probably be helpful, but I’m going to guess that’s a repair that requires a new part. Any chance you’re still under warranty? It’s held in place by a small piece that you push down in order to separate the clip. I’m guessing that piece is what broke but am not sure from your description…

Warranty just expired last month. :frowning:

Oooh - it’s the cover, not the clip at all. You may be a first here! See what support has to say. Maybe it’ll be an easy thing they can send you.
If not, some of our electronics experts will likely have info you can use!

1 Like

Thank you. Hopefully it’s a quick fix. Need my machine up ASAP.

I’ll wait to see what support/others say.

the connecter has broken off. OH NO!

Hello @stoneman,

Thank you for reaching out to us and posting the photo. I’m so very sorry to see that your printer head cable connector has broken off. Sadly, this is not something we’ll be able to solve remotely.

As apart of our next steps to get this resolved for you, I’ll need to confirm some personal information, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

Received email.

Thanks,
Sam

2 Likes

Can you please let me know what I need to do to get this fixed? I have a business and need my laser ASAP.

Thanks,
Sam

I’m glad to hear that you received the email. I apologize if the instructions in the email were not clear.

If you would like to proceed with the replacement unit, please follow the steps in the ’ To get your newly refurbished Glowforge’ section at the bottom of the email. Our Customer Success team will then work to get a replacement unit sent out to you and follow up with more information.

I don’t see anything like that in the email???

Thanks,
Sam

I’m wondering if you did not actually receive the email I sent yesterday. The email I’m referring to is a completely separate email with a subject line of: RE: Glowforge Forum Post - Black clip on printer head came off?!? This email is separate from any of the forum post emails you are receiving.

I’ve just resent the email again in case it did not come through correctly or at all. Please let me know if you receive it this time. Thank you!

I must not have.

Thanks,
Sam

That was the issue. Thank you for that update. I’ve changed the email address on the support ticket and to the email you provided. I just resent it to you now.

1 Like

Now that they have your email, you should delete it - this forum is open to the public and it’ll get scraped by scammers :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you. Didn’t realize you all were getting those too. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

@stoneman, I’m glad to see that you received the email. Our Customer Success team will be in touch with you soon with more details. I’m going to go ahead and close this thread now, and we will continue working with you over email.