Black crumb tray questions

Ok so thats maybe why there are problems talked about with light weight paper and fabric. The airflow is underneath my honeycomb tray on both my Universal lasers and creates suction by design to hold down objects…

2 Likes

Yup. Magnets are your friend.

3 Likes

Its a payoff since my honeycomb tray is aluminum…:unamused: no sticky with magnets…

1 Like

No, I believe Dan has stated that it’s just a coating over the steel honeycomb they’re currently shipping.

For clarity.

16 Likes

I think I’ll try that, thanks! I get a lot of flashback.

2 Likes

No, there’s still some “splashback”, unfortunately. Although you should see less splashback than with a typical glass tube laser for some complex reasons involving our tubes, factory calibration process, and power supply design.

It does heat up, but remember that the space is mostly air, so only a small percentage of the beam power strikes the grate.

Good questions.

12 Likes

I’m a little embarrassed to admit I had assumed the black crumb tray was just because the other one got ugly and marked up quickly.

So today I learned it’s for actual science reasons. Which is awesome.

And maybe a little so it won’t look quite so ugly.

8 Likes

A lot that. Also science. :wink:

12 Likes

Being new to lasers, can you explain splasback? Thanks.

1 Like

When the laser beam goes through your material it hits the spokes of the crumb tray. Some of it is reflected back and can make random scars on the back side of your material. Masking helps to protect it and not using excess power will mitigate it as well.

14 Likes

Great explanation. Thanks!

4 Likes

Nice. Now do a video with that CSI camera through the bullet hole effect. I’ll wait.

5 Likes

6 Likes

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Haha.

4 Likes

This exactly.

6 Likes

This seriously looks like some crazy-cool DaVinci sketchbook artwork… You should frame it… and sell it… and make millions off it…

2 Likes