Black film?

Thank you for the link! My hot water heater was just replaced on Monday as well!

I agree. I live in southern New Mexico and the dust is definitely an issue. It has been humid this summer because of all the rain, but I don’t think mold is the issue.

1 Like

The air conditioner was 15yrs old, so the motor would freeze if we tried to set the temperature at 72 degrees. The owner decided to replace it. I buy the air filters for the air conditioner and I wondered if I should keep buying the expensive ones. A week later the hot water heater went out besides the new roof that they were in the process of putting on, so I think the handyman is looking for someone to blame.

Off-topic but one of my favorite places!

1 Like

As an amateur HVAC technician, I’d say the answer is no. The expensive filters tend to restrict airflow too much, which can cause issues like the evaporator icing up.

3 Likes

Deming is perhaps my least favorite place. There are I suppose places in Australia that are more “middle of nowhere” feeling but I have not been there. Las Cruces is great as long as you do not have to climb the hill heading for Deming.

That’s a selling point!

If you are talking back country in Utah perhaps, even the uniqueness of Death Valley can have its lure, or the middle of the Everglades. And perhaps the externals that were happening put it lower in my opinion but even the otherwise quite similar Wilcox, AZ where I spent several months in a dead school bus has a lot of charm by comparison.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.