Black Heat Treated Stainless Steel

Has anyone lasered black colored heat treated stainless steel?

Would anyone be able to help me with settings to use?

Also, I’m assuming I will need some Laser Bond 100 or similar?

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Yes, you need cermark, laserbond or moly lube to mark stainless steel. With moly I used the setting of 800 speed and full power for the opener below. But if the steel is already blackened, I’m not sure how using something to turn the lasered area black would help?

9 Likes

maybe the pearl white cermark? I haven’t used it myself, but it looks interesting.

6 Likes

That does look like it would work! That price though. :astonished:

4 Likes

Thanks for the settings! Yeah its already black so I’ll have to look into a white marking agent. Great job on that bottle opener!

3 Likes

Wow! That looks promising but the price on that is steep. I might try and find the product that I want to laser in just plain stainless. Thank you for the help!

This tech is neat-o, but the price is not.

3 Likes

Yeah, no kidding! I wonder how far a jar goes?

1 Like

I decided to use Medium Walnut Proof Grade for my openers. I like the wood feel.

2 Likes

They claim 1,000 square inches. But you need a spray unit to apply so I expect that coverage includes the waste you have to wash off. An airbrush might help you minute the extra are you need to cover in order to get your engraving area covered.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.