Black lid cable placement

I just attempted installing a new black lid cable. I thoroughly read through the instructions and illustrations but when I pressed the adhesive onto the lid it was slightly angled downward on the left side. Now, obviously, the end of the cable and connector do not line up all the way. Can I lift the cable up and reattach? I do not want to break any wires inside the cable.

Okay. I confess. I was impatient. I haven’t been able to print anything for two weeks while waiting on the cable to be available again. I did gently lift the cable up on the left side and was able to seat it in the connector properly. I figured I had nothing to lose. Everything is working now but I may order another cable just in case this one is compromised.

4 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! here is the link if you want to order another cable just in case https://shop.glowforge.com/collections/spare-parts/products/black-lid-cable I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!