Black o-ring found under crumb tray

So, I got my Glowforge Basic yesterday. I did a couple of test prints last night, then, I removed the crumb tray to empty some acrylic pieces. When I did, there was a black rubber o-ring in the bottom of the machine on the right side, about 2/3 of the way back. Any idea where this came from? I don’t want to do any prints if missing it could cause damage. It’s maybe 15 mm in diameter or so.

That is probably one of the little rubber washers that fit on the orange screws that hold the laser arm in place during transport. They have a tendency to fall off.

Not going to hurt anything, just take it out and save it with the orange bits that you are keeping in case you need to move the Glowforge. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I agree with Jules, it sounds like the washer from the packaging screws that holds the GF in place during shipment. This is what they look like.

3 Likes

Yep, thanks guys. That, literally, could have been a picture of my machine. Lol.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Jules and @kittski , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!