Black spot in lid camera view

Not an operational issue, however I noticed this black curved spot in my lid camera view.

It has always been there, and is out of the bed view, but after looking at others screenshots of their bed view I realized it isn’t normal.

Half moon located at the bottom of the bed. Will post a screen shot shortly. Got something cooking right now :D.

I can’t remember what the conditions are for the black moon to show up…might be working on something where the camera has to focus far away (like thin paper or cutting without the tray) but it does sometimes display and doesn’t hurt anything.

Have you run the Camera Calibration program? That might adjust the view slightly so that doesn’t display as prominently.

That’s pretty normal. Mine has it, too. It’s because of the fisheye correction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and everything appears to be performing within specification.

Your Glowforge uses a wide-angle camera to take a picture of the material in your Glowforge. The software then uses the height of the material to correct the image so the image you see matches what’s in the bed. The black semi-circle you see is normal and won’t affect your prints, and may appear as a result of this correction to the wide-angle picture depending on the original focus of the lid camera. I am going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy Printing!

1 Like