Blast Gate Reminder Sign

Because, yes, I am that new Glowforge owner who made it 50 of the 67 miles home from her studio before she remembered the blast gate was still open. :roll_eyes:

31 Likes

This is great, now all you need is an electronically controlled blast gate so you can close it with an app when you walk past the sign!

10 Likes

@awebs76 YES!! I need exactly that!

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

This is so cute!!

3 Likes

@rvogt Thanks! Hope it works! :rofl:

I put a magnetic door sensor on my gate, and plugged the gf into a smart outlet. I turn the gf off and on by opening & closing the gate.

12 Likes

@johnj Wow!! That’s amazing!

1 Like

Lol, definitely cute!

2 Likes

@ptodd Thank you!! So far so good. No more return blast gate closing trips! :rofl:

1 Like

Great reminder! I need one for my garage that says “Take off you sunglasses!” since I want them to stay in the car but they always end up in the kitchen instead :joy_cat:

3 Likes

@jamely Thanks! Oh yeah, bringing in the shades is a pain. :grimacing:

1 Like

I know the way my traitorous brain works, it would only take a few days of having a sign like this for it to turn completely invisible.

3 Likes

@chris1 I’m worried about this too. Thinking of making a second sign with an attachment that overlaps the lock on the door. Can’t get out without physically MOVING the sign. Hahahaha

2 Likes

Very cute. I hope it serves its purpose. :wink:

1 Like

@Marcello Thank you! So far, so good!

Hang it on a string from the ceiling that you have to bump into. Then it’s always going to be really in your face. Prevents invisibility.

1 Like

@jamesdhatch Good plan!! My studio ceiling is only 6 feet high; it wouldn’t be difficult! :rofl: