Blue thing missing ring

I used “the blue thing” to pull out the lens, cleaned the lens and reinserted. But then I noticed the silver ring was not on the blue thing. Can’t find it so I assume it is attached to the lens.

1-can I still use my Laser?
2-how do I get the ring off?
3-how do I get a replacement

any help appreciated.

Luanne’

Take the lid off of the print head. Remove the mirror. Look down into the hole and you will see the lens. With a q tip, gently push the lens down. Make sure your hand or something soft is ready to catch the lens when you push it down.

1 Like

One you remove the lens (with ring still attached), you can separate and then re-attach the ring to the tool with adhesive,

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you! Question 1 and 2 closed! I will email support for a new blue thing.

1 Like

PS - is gorilla glue appropriate?

If you want to buy a new one instead of fixing yours, they are in the GF shop - link at the top of every page.

2 Likes

CA glue will work, the original Gorilla Glue will foam up and make a mess.

3 Likes

You actually already have. Opening a thread in Problems and Support opens a new support ticket with them. :slight_smile: For future reference, it’s best not to email AND post here, since that creates duplicate tickets, which can slow things down.

1 Like

A few very tiny drops will work - I suggest using a toothpick or similar to take a little from an actual drop from the bottle, and wiping it onto the lower edge/corner where the magnet seats. After a few hours, any excess that squeezes out can easily be removed with your fingernails.

2 Likes

I would invest my faith in gluing the magnet to the handle with an adhesive that is obviously superior to the original. as @rbtdanforth mentioned - superglue would be my go-to… and I wouldn’t bother with ordering, or having the company replace it with another.

3 Likes

Thanks. E fed up repairing no email

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble. I’m glad to hear that everyones instructions helped to remove the ring from inside of your Printer Head. If you could, please email us directly at support@glowforge.com so that we can provide the next steps for sending out a replacement lens tool.

1 Like

I see you’ve emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.