Bookends (Han Solo)

Padouk wood from a local shop. 1/4”. Adhesive rubber feet on the bottom.

Best of all, got all the joint and plugs to line up right FIRST TRY! (I’m not a spacial thinker so that never happens for me. Woot!)

46 Likes

That is awesome & glad you went for it and didn’t wait for someone to tell you the odds…

5 Likes

Great bookend. He shot first.

4 Likes

Outstanding! Nice touch with the panel engrave.

2 Likes

That came out great! He kinda reminds me of Lieutenant Dan, though. :wink: (Don’t judge me, I need coffee!)

2 Likes

That’s really nice!!!
If you have one on each end does that make him Han Duo?

10 Likes

Snarf! :laughing:
(Looks great!)

3 Likes

No… That’s another IP all together.

4 Likes

#NevertooMuchStarWars - Awesome!

3 Likes

Trying to find a good b/w carbonite design for the other end. Anybody have a good source?

3 Likes

Oh, man… If you can get a good depth map of that you could really have something there!

Looks awesome!

I haven’t tried any 3D glowforging yet. Have you?

Pretty cool.

Very nice! Congratulations on a cool project.

Sure. But I haven’t done much with the official Glowforge 3D options. I’ve manually done it by setting depths for each color to what I want.

Sounds tedious, but how were the results? Got any “boast” pieces?

And the other…

10 Likes

I suppose it can be tedious. But I haven’t done anything with more than a few depths. As you might imagine, 3-4 different depths doesn’t take much effort. Nothing to show off really. I’m working on something now for a client that I’d like to have about 10 different depths. It’s got some complex shapes as well. I’ve been trying to dial in settings for that, but it’s proving a bit tough. I’ve got some time off coming up though and I should have the time to focus.

Great set! :grinning: