Boom Goes the Glowforge

Ok, so this sucks. My Glowforge didn’t even make it thru the first 2 setup projects before it exploded. I purchased the GF-Pro. It was delivered earlier today and I set it up later that evening.
I very carefully followed the instructions, but it still blew up on me. Just my lucky day I guess.
Temp inside 69f, temp outside 39f. My exhaust tube was straight and I only put it out the window when the machine started up so there was no cold air getting to it while it was not cutting.
If this product is this sensitive, i’m not sure I want one now. This sucks.!
Oh, but I did get a little measuring tool before it popped. So I guess its a tiny win.
The images below are of my 2nd project ever and the tube popped about 10 min into the job.
Narrooks%20Glowforge%203|512x384 Narrooks%20Glowforge%202 narroks%20glowforge%201

That really sucks; I’m sorry for you. It doesn’t sound like you did anything wrong, sounds like it had enough time to warm up. I don’t think this should be an indication of typical sensitivity; much more likely a manufacturing or parts issue (ie bad luck). I hope they get your replacement out fast so you can get going for real.

1 Like

If we are guessing, I’d say you probably had a small crack in the tube from shipping damage. They’ll get ya squared away.

5 Likes

Ouch. That stinks. I’m sure they will get you all set with a replacement. :bangbang:

2 Likes

Horrible. Hope you get a replacement tube/unit soon.

BUT to avoid this happening with the replacement, let the unit (tube) sit in room temp for a few days–you don’t know how cold it got for how many days during shipping–and the unit needs time to acclimate to room temp again before you power it up.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you received a defective Glowforge. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ve sent you an email with further details. Once again, I’m so sorry about the bad news.

2 Likes