Boring Battery Boxes

There are some very cool looking battery storage boxes in this forum and online.

These are not them. I just wanted to organize my new batteries and take them out of those dreadful rigid plastic/cardboard packs that require a jackhammer to get in to. So I made some boxes that do the job. They all have flat lids that fit fairly tight (you glue the smaller rectangle onto the larger one for the fitting part) and have been kerf adjusted for a fit that requires a few taps with a mallet to fully seat. I designed (and made) these for Baltic birch about 3 mm (mine is 3.06mm). I set the text outlines to score to save time. You could engrave them if you prefer.

If you just need some no-fuss boxes, these might do it for you. Enjoy!

batteryboxes.zip (31.1 KB)

50 Likes

Not boring. Anything that promotes organization of rogue batteries is not boring. :smile:

7 Likes

Great idea, organization is good…

3 Likes

Yeah! Very useful! Husband will love them - he’s in charge of all battery operations (buying, replacing, recycling).

2 Likes

Oh! You know how I feel about boring and utilitarian. I need to make some and add slat board hangers to them.

3 Likes

the little worx zipsnip tool (that some of us got a while back for cardboard) does a great job cutting blister packaging… once you get it out of its own blister-pack!

3 Likes

Yeah, I got one of those at the time. But it’s downstairs with my Glowforge and the battery storage is upstairs, so…

3 Likes

This will be very useful to many. Thank you for the file.

2 Likes

Hmm tough call. do I use boring battery boxes now? or hold out for EXCITING battery boxes?

5 Likes

Thank you! Love all things in which organization can be helped!

Thanks…saved me time today. Printed a set of these and cleared a shelf in the cabinet. Sometimes boring is just what you need.

3 Likes