Borrow Glowforge Time in Milwaukee?

My machine fried at a bad time and I need to borrow some Glowforge time to complete an order in the next week. Is there anyone in the Milwaukee area that could help out?

Thanks

Rob

5 Likes

[SOLVED] I called one of the Joann Fabrics stores with a GF and am going to use that! Woo Hoo! $10/hour even makes it fit within my profit budget.

7 Likes

Sorry, I just saw this today. I’m glad you found help. I didn’t know Jo-Ann’s in the area had Glowforges. I figured they would have them in CA and NY. :slight_smile:

If you are north of Milwaukee I’m in Fond du Lac for future reference.

Oh, One more thing. I just discovered a (new to me ) lumberyard north of Milwaukee call Kettle Moraine Hardwoods. It might be worth a ride. It’s in the Slinger area. They have Baltic Birch and hardwood Plywood, Exotic wood and all kinds of cool lumber. kmhardwoods.com

1 Like

I have to drive to Indiana. The list I saw didn’t include any close by that have the Glowforge.

Kettle Moraine Hardwoods is our wood candy store. Love that place!! We use it mostly for our Oblique Calligraphy pen business.

I’m down in East Troy. Happy to help you out whenever you need it!

6 Likes

Wow, those are really beautiful! I love the one with the tiny baseball bat.

I’m only about a 1/2 hour from KM Hardwoods I don’t know why I never stopped there before but it was probably better for my wallet that I didn’t know about it until now.

1 Like

I want to sincerely thank @tjleasa for his help last week getting my project done after my ribbon cable failed! He dedicated a lot of time over several days engraving and cutting my materials for a customer order despite whatever else he had planned. He also saved me from a long drive to Indiana and several days sitting in a Joann Fabrics store waiting for jobs to finish.

It was also really nice to meet another Glowforger in person and put a face to a name. What an awesome community and extra special that Terry was willing to do this. Thanks man!

10 Likes

Not surprised…we’ve got some very exceptional people around here. :sunglasses::+1:
(Good save @tjleasa!)

4 Likes

I’m really happy I could help and the timing worked out perfectly! If you need anything just let me know.
It was great to meet you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.