Botanical Pendants

I love plants and enjoy drawing them. I keep a sketchbook with me wherever I go and will doodle in it when I have a free moment. We took three of my drawings (a rose, a hellebore, and some orchids) and made these botanical pendants! This is our first real project using the Glowforge and we have all kinds of ideas brewing!

32 Likes

Those are fantastic drawings and an awesome way to get them out of a sketchbook!

1 Like

These are lovely! If you want to give them a touch of color, I have found that Copic markers (alcohol markers) work pretty well for finished Proofgrade surfaces, and Prismacolor colored pencils work great for the unfinished ones.

5 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions! I’m excited to play around and experiment! I have all kinds of kookie ideas for transforming the materials that can be cut into looking like the ones that can’t. I’ll post my results as I finish them! For these, I sort of dig the sepia tone of the etchings… but I might hit the petals of the orchids with some pearlescent paint washes. (I sort of liked the look of the sticker before it was peeled off! LOL!)

2 Likes

Oh, those are lovely! They would look fantastic with a light color wash. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you! I agree! I’m going to play around and see which mediums look best.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Love to hear of ideas brewing - can’t wait to see what else you create.

1 Like

That’s high praise! Thank you, @dan