Bourbon tasting boards

I’m getting better at this! Thoughts?

3 Likes

I suggest you keep “testing”, you know, just to make sure… :smiley:

2 Likes

Assuming you’re going for the Kentucky connection, I think that crowd is more into mint juleps… yeah, it’s bourbon, but you’d never know!

1 Like

:rofl: yeah I guess this is all about juleps

We did several of the distilleries in the trail two years ago driving through Kentucky on vacation. The level of commitment to their bourbon history and the art of aging it was huge. Those folks are huge into their heritage.

I’m well aware, I’ve visited some myself. I was referring to the engraved image of horse racing (which we were there for…)

This goes well with Mint Juleps :slight_smile:
You’re The Mint to My Julep!

This may be a silly question but…how did you get the shot glass openings so deep? Or are those boards sold like that and you only did the engraving?

I have a client that wants me to make a flight board for them on one of the cutting boards I sell. I’m just not sure how to engrave the openings deep enough.

Thank you!!

1 Like

I love the horse race imagery! Makes something already really cool that much cooler.

Just so you’re aware, the OP hasn’t visited this forum in 15 months.

1 Like

Nice! Any suggestions on sources for planks like that? They look great!

Even the Home Depot sells mahogany boards.

1 Like

I have had mint juleps on derby day at the track, and you know what? they suck just like they would any other day.

we are certainly going nuts over bourbon around here these days. new distilleries popping up like weeds all the time.

1 Like

Matt - Absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing :+1:t3:

I am with you. Can’t stand them.

1 Like

And funny enough, I’m in CA where new weed places are popping up all the time, but not so much bourbon distilleries. :rofl:

1 Like

Love these. I’ve been doing blind tasting also…oh, wait, that’s tasting ‘til I’m blind.

2 Likes

LOL, that made me laugh. well it does take quite a bit of capital to put up a distillery.

little tip. Stay away from the Methanol tainted Bourbon and you should do fine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I learned that as a wee lad since me da was a revenue. He used to go into woods throughout the Midwest busting up stills. When I was 13 we went to New York, some lake where is dad lived. Went into the basement and guess what he found. A moonshine still. It was disassembled and non-op but I think still illegal to own at that time (1960’s).

2 Likes

Back in my brewing days I discovered “winter wine” that the quart of gunk at the bottom was the “angel’s share” and normally dumped. However when frozen the water would freeze from any solid bit and push out any liquid that was not water. Then after freezing for a while the frozen container was inverted and any unfrozen liquid would drain out and solid bits would stay caged in the ice.

Thus the share that the angels get is a much lower proof.