I made the puzzle box for this month’s fun project. I wanted to give it as a gift during this years Christmas Yankee swap at my wife’s family’s Christmas party. We love going every year, but this years trip will be cancelled due to a treatments related to a sudden bout of Ovarian cancer (weak immune system, from treatments, etc.). As I considered this, I realized that a lot of people missed out on various holidays from St. Patrick’s day on through. I had been making magnets (my wife and I call them Maggots) to commemorate every holiday affected by COVID-19, and I thought I would make a gift of the idea. All the refrigerator maggots I made were done with the Glowforge Basic. Can you guess which maggot goes with which holiday? Think of an image before looking at the pictures below. I tried to do one for every month from Feb to December. September and June proved too difficult to render down to a single image, and Nov is not done yet. I am thinking of either a horn of plenty, or a turkey. I am leaning towards horn of plenty, as we have her survival to be thankful for this year. Have an image in your mind for each one? Here is the list:
- Feb = (Not shown) heart with ribbon across it (like seen on images of cupid), upon which I can print custom phrases;
- Mar = Shamrock with a smiley face and Leprechaun hat… I used my paint pens for the face.
- April = Easter Egg outline done in plywood and various colors done in acrylic. I am thinking of a larger size as a sun catcher.
- May = Captain America Shield for Memorial day;
- June = (need suggestions, wrench for father’s day? );
- July = Uncle Sam hat;
- August = beachball and sand bucket, this proved more troublesome to print in maggot size than I had hoped… (need more suggestions… maybe just a beach ball);
- September = (need suggestions);
- October = Pumpkin;
- November = (not done yet, either horn of plenty or Turkey… (need input);
- December = Santa Clause face;
I need help on June, August, September and November.