Boxes for candy

I sorta made too much praline walnut candy so I decided to make some small boxes out of heavy colored cardstock and give some away for Christmas. The recipient’s name and our wishes are engraved on the lids. Actually, sort of a long drawn out project, but at least now c’est fini.

63 Likes

Those are nice! (Two toned cardstock, or did you just get lucky?) :smile:

6 Likes

Wow, very nice! And such a lovely gift!

3 Likes

Thanks…no…I knew they were two toned…but, much of that concept is wasted when you can’t see the other side.

edit; these are truly two toned, but I had to use two sheets for each box and lid…so two of the colors are only seen on the inside of the boxes…again, wasted.

5 Likes

The boxes are pretty awesome, and I bet the candy is delicious.

8 Likes

I am amazed at all the cool things that everyone comes up with. Never thought of making a box with card stock. They look great too.

9 Likes

Those are lovely and will make very special gifts!

3 Likes

Very resourceful. I find myself undoing boxes to the flat die cut shape to see if it would fit the bed…

5 Likes

I like your boxes! I’ve been using the GF to turn my huge Amazon shipping boxes into smaller product-sized boxes. Also… I really want the candy you made…

5 Likes

I had a fairly large spool of black elastic left from another project I was working on, so made some ‘loops’ big enough to wrap around each box to keep the lid on.

3 Likes

Fantastic detail! It is the detail that makes it special and thoughtful! Nice!

4 Likes

Oh, lovely! I like the curved design on that lid, and glad to know you can make a sturdy box out of card stock.

6 Likes

The pictures look great, but I’d have to see one in person to confirm…

7 Likes

More like “eat one in person” ? :joy_cat: Makes me wish I was @Xabbess’s neighbor!

5 Likes

They look amazing! Still having a hard time figuring out what “too much praline walnut candy” means. I have tried looking it up but have nothing. :wink:

9 Likes

Ha ha! I understand. I guess what it really came down to is me being a sugarholic and pre-diabetic, and my husband being diabetic…that neither one of us should be eating that much sugar. 'Tis the season to share.

4 Likes

Then by all means giving it away in those amazing boxes is perfect!!! Do I just give you my address, how does this work? :wink:

5 Likes

Perhaps next year… :wink:

4 Likes

Those look really sharp…

my address is… LOL

2 Likes

Awesome! Look great!

3 Likes