Braille Font for projects

Fell down a rabbit hole and found these resources, thought they might be of interest to others. Apologies if I’m duplicating.

Visual Braille Font

http://brailleneue.com/

8 Likes

Saw this similar thing today, mentions braille neue and others:

5 Likes

Yup, that was the rabbit hole :grinning:

Braille Neue looks really cool, but I’d suggest caution in using it. Braille is most effective when used at fixed sizes and distances between characters, and sadly, you’re probably usually best off using a separate Braille label (in which the dots are raised). It’s great to see people considering and addressing the needs of blind users, keep it up!

2 Likes

Understood, braille is tactile. I was thinking with all the talented and caring people who seem to be :glowforge: ing that those resources may be of value.

I can see a few applications in Lucite signs and the two color panels from inventables.

1 Like

We have 2 relatives that are blind and I would like to make something for them, but want to make sure they will be able to read it. Has anyone tried these ideas yet? I bought a necklace for one of them that had the raised braille font, but the person wasn’t able to read it (and that necklace was expensive!) I would really like to be able to make something for Christmas for my fiance’s 91 year old grandmother.