Brand new Glowforge plus no laser

I did everything to set up my glowforge and have gone back over everything again. When I went to print my first Gift of Good Measure. I did not have any laser what so ever. The tube did not light up, nothing. everything moved as if it should be functioning but no laser. There is power. it is turned on. I can see everything through the camera but when I tell it to print, no laser! I just got it today

Sorry you’re starting out with issues, but the CS here is top notch. We users will try to help you out, and an actual staff member will get here within 24 hours :slight_smile:

Can you post a picture of your GFUI from the name of your material on the left to the name of your machine on the right?

Also, verify that the mirror and the lens are installed into the head correctly :slight_smile:

1 Like

I checked the mirror and it seamed fine. When it gets done trying to print should it be making this noise?

That sounds like the first laser i was sent, it was defective and had to get a warranty replacement. It would move around like it was doing something but never fired. . Support is awesome and will get you going in no time

I can’t actually see your video (if you post to YouTube or Vimeo and then link here it works better) but @kvsalazar24 can and :frowning:
Obviously wait until you here from actual support!

@kd4bears I am so sorry your laser is not appearing on your Glowforge printer.

It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.