Branding and lessons learned

I just had to use those on that blasted birdhouse template, but I just drew a rectangle at the correct dimensions. Didn’t think to use the guides…next time I will, because it would save a lot of turning on and off on the placement rectangle.

1 Like

Yes, CorelDraw has guides. That’s a good idea. Does anyone know off hand where the guides need to be placed? I’m having a hard time trusting the bed camera for that. What is the current usable bed size? Is that perfectly centered within the 20" x 12" area? Thanks!

It changes depending on whether you are engraving or cutting, and what speed you’re using for the engraving. (And mine might be a bit different from everyone elses.)

Just drop something onto the bed and when you select it to move it around, you can see where the guides fall on yours when you drag it.

1 Like

And a plus is that the guides (at least the Illustrator guides) are ignored by the GFUI. So you don’t have to worry about turning them off and on for a final file.

As Jules mentioned, it’s going to change for engraving depending upon the engrave speed.

Here’s a screenshot of the margins for full-speed engrave:

And here’s a screenshot of the margins for the lowest-speed engraves:

The rest of the speeds will fall in between those 2 margins.

For cutting, it’s all one out-of-bound margin:

As you can see, the no-go area is biased to the left side of the bed. Since the rulers and no-go areas are coded into the display and not dependent upon the visual alignment/camera system, you can trust the display. As for how you’re going to set the file up, I would just set it up to indicate where the highest speed engrave margin is so that I know I’m ok. If your project dimensions exceed that, you’ll still at least know where your margins are and you can plan accordingly (ie. to get the extra room I need, I can put this here, but know that for the slower engrave, I’ll have to reduce power to accommodate for the lower speed).

3 Likes

And yours looks completely different from this PRU. It might wind up being machine specific.

Not crowded at all. I took the day off to laser but had heat issues so we ran up there about 2pm. Wide expanses of open pavement - not the shoulder to shoulder jostling of a Saturday. Even the state buildings were pretty open - weekends you have to shuffle along with the crowd trying to dip out & to the edges when something catches your eye. Only 10 people in line for a Maine potato :slight_smile:

Story was the same whether out on the pavement or in any of the buildings. Plenty of room and no claustrophobia. But there was a line around the building for the free wine tasting. I don’t understand why people will wait for dreck even if it is free. (New England just doesn’t have the climate for wine.)

Thanks for the update. That makes it sound bearable for me to visit but not as good for my potential sales.

:smile: Yeah, there wasn’t a lot of activity in there. OTOH, maybe it’s about the same number who actually buy things because you don’t get any value from the school of salmon - you need the ones who duck in and buy things. Maybe it’s the same number who do that whether it’s crowded or not.

1 Like

Last year I made it through the NH building because I wanted to see how my products were displayed. I also got to walk up behind some people laughing at the postcard that has 9 photos of me on it and say “hey, that guy looks familiar.” We then tried the Maine building and I only made it about half way down one side before I made a beeline for the closest exit and told my wife should could go to the other state buildings but I was done. After that, we mostly hung out in Storowtown and the cow barns. My favorite photo of the day was of a young girl napping up against her cow in one of the stalls.

3 Likes